Connect Origins to Destinations Finishes, But Does Not Produce an Output Layer

08-17-2021 07:19 AM
AndrewCroisier
New Contributor III

Has anyone else experienced this issue with the Connect Origins to Destinations tool?

We have a layer with 500 features representing customers, and a layer representing 50 stores. Each customer feature has a "PickupStore" field, and each store has a "Name" field.

The parameters are set to the most basic, with Line Distance as the measure, Straight Line as the route shape, and "Include Route Layers" is unchecked. 

The tool runs and finishes, and throws the error "Some origins were not connected to their paired destinations. Check the Status field in output unassigned origins and unassigned destinations layers for more information."

One problem is that we can't check the status field in the output, because the output is never created. ESRI Technical Support cannot provide a list of circumstances that produce this error message.

Help is much appreciated, thank you

6 Replies
sjain257
New Contributor

I am encountering the exact problem. Have you managed to resolve it?

KymBeard1
New Contributor

Same here, I get an error after the tool looks like it is running and then there are not results produced.

Plus running the tool consumes arcgis online credits even though there are no results produced.

0 Kudos
JeremyMack_LU
New Contributor III

Same issue - following.

0 Kudos
AlexandraBenjamin
New Contributor

Did anyone ever find a solution to this problem?

0 Kudos
JeremyMack_LU
New Contributor III

Man, I did (some time ago), but the exact fix is escaping me. I'm pretty sure it had something to do with unique OID fields between the two layers (or something to that effect). I'll go back and see if I can piece together the process.

anonymous55
Occasional Contributor II

I am having same problem. However, when I am running OD tool on QA it is working. For production I created view and test it which didn't work. for qa I don't have view and it isn't public either but I was able to create layer. 

0 Kudos