Collector for ArcGIS and GoPro Camera

Jump to solution
12-06-2015 03:29 PM
RichardTruong
New Contributor III

I am planning to implement a GPS point feature without any geometric network using Collector for ArcGIS application to perform field data collection (Egrets).  This part is fairly straightforward.  However, instead of using my iPad built-in camera,  I need to use GoPro camera with wifi to take pictures and/or record video at the collected sites.  The source point feature data is resided from my own hosted ArcServer, and also has setup with Attachment feature being enable.   Since I have never had the real experience with having to work with both the iPad using Collector and GoPro simultaneously, any instructional assistant is greatly appreciated.  Richard

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jill_es
Esri Contributor

Collector is designed to work with photos and videos that are on your mobile device.  You will need to download the video from your GoPro to your mobile device via the GoPro App.  From here you can add/edit a feature in Collector and you should then be able to add the video from your device's gallery.

Good that you're using an iPad!  In case anybody else has a similar question, Collector for ArcGIS (Android) only supports photo attachments (Work with attachments—Collector for ArcGIS | ArcGIS) but Collector for ArcGIS (iOS) supports both photo and video attachments (Work with attachments—Collector for ArcGIS | ArcGIS ).

View solution in original post

3 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I would connect to the Wifi on the Gopro with the Gopro-app and download the picture / video to camera roll on the ipad. Open collector and collect a feature and attach the picture from the camera roll on the ipad.

I don´t think you could connect to the Gopro directly from Collector.

0 Kudos
jill_es
Esri Contributor

Collector is designed to work with photos and videos that are on your mobile device.  You will need to download the video from your GoPro to your mobile device via the GoPro App.  From here you can add/edit a feature in Collector and you should then be able to add the video from your device's gallery.

Good that you're using an iPad!  In case anybody else has a similar question, Collector for ArcGIS (Android) only supports photo attachments (Work with attachments—Collector for ArcGIS | ArcGIS) but Collector for ArcGIS (iOS) supports both photo and video attachments (Work with attachments—Collector for ArcGIS | ArcGIS ).

RichardTruong
New Contributor III

Thank you everyone for the fantastic info.  

0 Kudos