Coded domain aliases in Hosted feature service View

Jump to solution
10-04-2018 10:44 AM
AndrewRyan3
New Contributor III

I need to use a View Layer to restrict available fields from a AGOL hosted feature service for use in an AppStudio App. Unfortunately, when I create the view the domain aliases stop being used and AGOL and AppStudio only use the codes. The feature service view's REST endpoint records the aliases in the fields information, but I cant get AGOL to display or use them.

One thing I did notice is that the aliases were maintained with the initial view layer, but as soon as I added a view definition to limit the available fields the aliases stopped being used and the coded domain values appear.

Is this a known limitation of view layers? Is there a way to force the view layer with the view definition to use the aliases instead of the codes?

Thanks for any help!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, I logged a bug. Can you please email me your customer number and I will attach you. 

BUG-000117298: Coded values are shown instead of domain description after defining fields in a view definition

My email is kcullen@esri.com

View solution in original post

2 Replies
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hey Andrew,

Can you get in touch with Technical Support. This sounds like a bug that should be addressed.

Thanks,

Kelly

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, I logged a bug. Can you please email me your customer number and I will attach you. 

BUG-000117298: Coded values are shown instead of domain description after defining fields in a view definition

My email is kcullen@esri.com