Clustering: Display Sum of Feature Values in Pop-Up

Jump to solution
10-17-2019 12:31 PM
JasonUnger
New Contributor

Hi folks -

We have a data set whose individual features include numeric values and I'm trying to determine if we can calculate and display the sum of each feature's data when they are clustered together.

Specifically, we're tracking bombing incidents by location. With each bombing incident, one of our data points is the number of people killed.

When the incidents are clustered together, we can display the total the number of incidents and display the average number of people killed per incident (which, if we could just do math in the pop-up WYSIWYG editor, we could at least get a close to accurate total).

There does not appear to be a way to get the SUM of all the features' "number of people killed" data points and display that in the cluster pop up.

Is there?

Are we looking at this the wrong way? Is there some other way to show the SUM of the clustered features values? 

Thanks in advance.

- Jason

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JasonUnger
New Contributor

Hi Peter!

Thanks for following up.

Yes - even though I can write the custom expression, it isn't displayed as an option when developing the clustered pop-up.

After talking to ESRI staff, I was informed this capability is not supported -- it's currently a suggested idea.

- Jason

View solution in original post

3 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Jason,

Have you looked into writing an Arcade expression for the pop-up using the Sum function? 

-Peter

0 Kudos
JasonUnger
New Contributor

Hi Peter!

Thanks for following up.

Yes - even though I can write the custom expression, it isn't displayed as an option when developing the clustered pop-up.

After talking to ESRI staff, I was informed this capability is not supported -- it's currently a suggested idea.

- Jason

AlessioDi_Lorenzo1
New Contributor III

I believe the sum function would be very useful.

In many cases mean has no sense and the correct statistics to apply is just the sum of a numeric attribute field values in the clustered features. 

Please, implement it!