Check transformation set for Feature Service

02-08-2019 02:05 PM
I_AM_ERROR
Occasional Contributor

Does anyone know if it's possible to check what transformation is set for a feature class/feature service when it's published to AGOL? We keep data in a local NAD83 coordinate system and publish it with a NAD83-WGS84 transformation so it aligns correctly with Web Mercator basemaps. I know you can get the spatial reference of feature services a couple ways but don't know how to check what transformation was set.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
KhaledHassen
Esri Contributor

Pl. check the feature service json from the admin API:

rest/admin/services/<serviceName>/FeatureServer

If the feature service has any geo-datum transformation specified at publishing time, it will be returned from the service admin json endpoint.

You can also change the geo-datum transformation information using the FS admin API. 

Nothing will be returned if we use the default transformation when projecting (when none is specified when publishing).

The best way to get the datum transformation in online is to publish from SD file that has the datum transformation which will be used when projecting between the SRs specified in this transformation. 

Thanks

Khaled

I_AM_ERROR
Occasional Contributor

Thanks! Was wondering where this was hidden for the longest time. Was looking at the feature layer level but I see it now in the JSON for the main feature service.

0 Kudos