Changing date column from US to UK format

Jump to solution
03-01-2021 07:14 AM
DarrenDe_Lange
New Contributor III

Hi there

I am needing to change date columns from US format (mm-dd-yyyy) to UK format (dd-mm-yyyy).

Can this be done on ArcGIS online or ArcGIS Pro?

Using the field calculator? 

Thank you for any assistance. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

A date field is actually stored as a timestamp, which is just an integer understood to be "seconds since some date".

jcarlson_0-1614613611213.png

In order to change how your date field displays in AGOL, go into the Configure Popups → Configure Attributes dialog in a webmap:

jcarlson_1-1614613682290.png

According to the Pro docs, the date field display is determined by your machine settings. I do wish that there were more formatting options for datetime fields in Pro.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS

View solution in original post

4 Replies
GWGazza
New Contributor

https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/help/data/tables/date-fields.htm

Dates are stored yyyy/mm/dd and displayed according to your windows system settings.

0 Kudos
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

A date field is actually stored as a timestamp, which is just an integer understood to be "seconds since some date".

jcarlson_0-1614613611213.png

In order to change how your date field displays in AGOL, go into the Configure Popups → Configure Attributes dialog in a webmap:

jcarlson_1-1614613682290.png

According to the Pro docs, the date field display is determined by your machine settings. I do wish that there were more formatting options for datetime fields in Pro.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
DarrenDe_Lange
New Contributor III

Thank you Josh, your help is much appreciated. 

0 Kudos
ArmandFrançois
New Contributor III

Hi Dear,

We do configure sometimes a lot of layers with date in a single webmap, and we would like to set up a defaut format. So we dont need to configure it all one by one. Do you know any way to do that ?

Best Regards,

Armand FRANCOIS