Cant save online feature layer.

12-12-2021 04:33 PM
JoshuaBruni
New Contributor II

I have uploaded a new feature layer to Agol to add to a new map. After I add the layer to my map I am unable to save the map as it states I am missing parameters "numThumbs" which does not exist on this layer on map. Is there somewhere I cannot find where this "numThumbs" exists?

2021-12-13 09_53_05-Zone Changes and 4 more pages - Work - Microsoft​ Edge.jpg

0 Kudos
16 Replies
Stefan_Thorn
Occasional Contributor II

Hi @Anonymous User and @Deastman 

I just tested again to add layers to a existing webmap and at the moment the issue is not occurring. In a new webmap, as you are testing, this was not an issue. Maybe there has been some fix installed for something else. 

In my workflow I published the data as 'share as web layer" from ArcGIS Pro 2.8.3 (because when saving the webmap your hosted feature layer will also save with the same name as the webmap). It will also preserve the 'group layer' as one hosted feature layer. but of course you will lose the name of the layers as in Pro.

Greetz,

Stefan

0 Kudos
Stefan_Thorn

Hi @Anonymous User ,

Today, the issue occurred again. similar work process as described before. 

Stefan

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Stefan_Thorn thanks for reaching out. I think we should get this to Support so they can take a closer look and have dedicated resources try to reproduce this issue, and ideally get a bug logged or figure out how to avoid it. Let me know and I can get a case started on your behalf. 

Best,

-Peter

0 Kudos
Stefan_Thorn

Hi @Anonymous User ,

I have started a case with support #02976971.

Regards,

Stefan

NLI_Wendy
New Contributor II

I just had this same thing happen publishing from ArcMap. I have never seen this before and have followed the same work flow multiple times.

Wendy

0 Kudos
NLI_Wendy
New Contributor II

@Stefan_Thorn ... have you had any success at resolving this issue?

~Wendy

0 Kudos
Stefan_Thorn

Hi @NLI_Wendy ,

This issue is after publishing a layer to AGOL and adding this layer to a webmap that is already made. Adding this layer to a new webmap is not a problem.

The workaround that I use now to save this webmap:

• just adding and new hosted feature layer:
    • Add > choose a hosted feature layer > (+)Stefan_Thorn_0-1642579761275.png

Manually remove this hosted feature layer again
      • because when you use the (-) in the option to remove your layer the sequence of the layers in the webmap are reordered
        • Stefan_Thorn_1-1642579832052.png
    • now you can save your webmap