Cant login to ArcGIS online through ArcMap with Google

Jump to solution
05-26-2016 03:37 AM
SalmanAhmed3
New Contributor III

I recently created an ArcGIS online account using my Google login data. I am unable to log into ArcGIS online through ArcMap because there is no option to login through Google (with its logo under the sign-in dialogue). I tried just typing in my Google username and password but it says invalid. I am able to sign-in through the browser but not ArcMap. I need to access Esri open data through ArcMap for my analysis.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi,

Logging into ArcMap with a Google+ account currently is not supported. What data are you trying to access? You can download data from the open data site and open it in ArcMap.

-Kelly

View solution in original post

6 Replies
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi,

Logging into ArcMap with a Google+ account currently is not supported. What data are you trying to access? You can download data from the open data site and open it in ArcMap.

-Kelly

HollyGolvach1
New Contributor

So if I setup my ArcGIS online account using Google+ login information, then I cannot take full advantage of the ArcGIS Online integration into ArcMap?

If so, then how do I replace using Google+ login information with new login information?

Thanks

Holly

0 Kudos
SalmanAhmed3
New Contributor III

I guess you cannot replace it. You just have to create a new account with a new ID and not with your Google or Facebook login info. I've done the same and now I have an account with my Google login info and another one with another login info (which I can also use in ArcMap to connect with ArcGIS online).

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Don't know exactly what you need configured or what you are using, but here are two links

Enable Open Data—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS

Using ArcGIS Online in ArcGIS for Desktop applications—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop

plus a few other links in that general section

SalmanAhmed3
New Contributor III

Thanks. the second link here is exactly what is not working for me (signing in from ArcMap), which I mentioned in my question already.

omag2000
New Contributor

wow this is really actually dumb and you guys have not fixed this yet not even added some obvious disclaimer to this when u sign up an account actually pathetic when i pay for this and major features just dont work cause of using a google account??????????, you would imagine this is an easy fix. furthermore ur whole licensing and program hierarchy is a total mess, and instruction and doc pages are unclear and u have to resort to searching up and troubleshooting forum posts to get any clear answers at all. took me ages to get arc map working, just firstly finding the license manager download then launching the program which btw. is not even called license manager conveniently. then finally arc map is working and now cant access elevation maps from online cause i have a godamn google account.

0 Kudos