Select to view content in your preferred language

Cannot Overwrite the Source Feature Service with a Joined View Layer

05-28-2024 09:12 AM
StephanieBosits
New Contributor III

I have a polygon hosted feature service and a hosted table service. The table its joined to the source polygon layer via a hosted joined view. I cannot overwrite the source layer. My data meets all of the criteria outlined in this article (owned by me, attribute based join, one to one join)

https://www.esri.com/arcgis-blog/products/arcgis-online/uncategorized/bring-your-data-closer-togethe...

I am also unable to swap the source feature service as this seems to be supported for regular hosted views but not joined views. 

Does anyone have any ideas? Right now I am just trying to overwrite from Pro. I have heard the truncate and append suggestion but we have almost 4 million records so I am trying to avoid this approach. 

Thank you! 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

What is the volume of edits in a given update period? With that large of a service, there may be another option of simply comparing the source data against the hosted data and editing features in-place.

Does the source data have edit timestamps?

An overwrite is more drastic than a truncate/append, and I would avoid it whenever an alternative is possible.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos
StephanieBosits
New Contributor III

Could be hundreds of thousands of updates, including deleted features. And yes the features are timestamped. 

0 Kudos