Can you Add Attachments with Attach Table to AGOL Feature Service

Jump to solution
11-10-2016 12:26 PM
MiklosNadas2
New Contributor

I'm trying to bulk upload multiple attachments to an AGOL feature service. I add the feature service as a layer in ArcGIS desktop and try to "Add Attachments". There error is that the database is locked for editing. So I create a local copy of the service and run the "Add Attachments" tool. I verify that the attachments are added, but after I sync it, the attachments are not synced to the feature service.

If I try to start editing the local database, the tool does not work because it does not work on an editable database. If I run the "Add Attachments" tool first and then run a calculate field for all the records (to try to trick it), it still does not upload attachments.

Has anyone found a method around this issue?

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MiklosNadas2
New Contributor

Without having to publish over the existing service with the attachments in a local geodatabase, the only method right now is to write a Python script. Please see this link for how to use arcrest and i used the "addAttachments" and "query" functions. I was a bit confused when it indicated it was the "file" to be uploaded for that attachment input when it really only needed the path to the attachment.

arcrest.ags package — ArcREST 3.5.4 documentation 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello,

I have sent you a direct message requesting some information. I would like to get a case created with our Support team. 

Thank you,

Katie

0 Kudos
MiklosNadas2
New Contributor

Without having to publish over the existing service with the attachments in a local geodatabase, the only method right now is to write a Python script. Please see this link for how to use arcrest and i used the "addAttachments" and "query" functions. I was a bit confused when it indicated it was the "file" to be uploaded for that attachment input when it really only needed the path to the attachment.

arcrest.ags package — ArcREST 3.5.4 documentation 

0 Kudos