Can We Move The Files From ArcGIS Online To ArcGIS Portal?

Jump to solution
02-24-2017 08:19 AM
Ayer_DPWAyer
New Contributor II

Hi everyone,

I am new to ArcGIS online and I would like know if the following is possible: can I move the files from ArcGIS Online to ArcGIS Portal?

Many Thanks In Advance!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ManviLather1
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

We can move only web maps and web apps from ArcGIS online to ArcGIS portal using ago-assistant.

Here is a link:

https://ago-assistant.esri.com/

Log in ArcGIS online assistant-> click on copy content -> click on another account.

Feature service and tile service need to be downloaded and republished in ArcGIS portal.

Thanks

View solution in original post

8 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Although I haven't tried this, but I think ArcGIS Online Assistant should help.

Think Location
ManviLather1
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

We can move only web maps and web apps from ArcGIS online to ArcGIS portal using ago-assistant.

Here is a link:

https://ago-assistant.esri.com/

Log in ArcGIS online assistant-> click on copy content -> click on another account.

Feature service and tile service need to be downloaded and republished in ArcGIS portal.

Thanks

CalvinHarmin
New Contributor III

I have successfully copied AGOL webmaps to my new Portal 10.6.1 setup with the ArcGIS Online Assistant, but all of the webAPPS that I have copied are broken.

Has anyone else has trouble with migrating webapps?

0 Kudos
Tolo__AdamTolo
Occasional Contributor

What we were told is that you can't transfer your webapps across. They would have to be redone unfortunately.

I was able to transfer my web map successful over from AGOL to Portal except the Web Map in Portal asks for my AGOL Sign In credentials. 

Anybody else experience this?

0 Kudos
AndrewDolch2
New Contributor III

Yes we are as well,  I believe that has to do with how the security in Portal and the security in AGO not matching up.   Somehow the security and permissions you've set in portal do not match up with the security and permissions you set up in ArcGIS online.  The permissions are copied over from AGO when the dataset is copied into portal.   This causes a mismatch in the dataset thus prompting for a username and password.   I found that if you allow anonymous access for the dataset, copy it over, and then remove it from AGO,  it breaks the link thus allowing you to work with that dataset.   Hopefully that makes sense.   Please let me know if that works for you.

Thanks

Andrew 

Ayer_DPWAyer
New Contributor II

Quoting Andrew Dolch <geonet@esri.com>:

GEONET, THE ESRI COMMUNITY | GIS AND GEOSPATIAL PROFESSIONAL COMMUNITY

>

RE: CAN WE MOVE THE FILES FROM ARCGIS ONLINE TO ARCGIS PORTAL?

reply from Andrew Dolch[2] in /ArcGIS Online/ - View the

full discussion[3]

>

0 Kudos
Tolo__AdamTolo
Occasional Contributor

So we ended up getting it working but editing some JSON fields. Was a while back so I can't tell you exactly how we did it but it is definitely possible.

0 Kudos
JackOrenstein
New Contributor III

We have lots of content on AGOL, how is possible to move large groups of maps from AGOL to Portal?

Thank you,

Jack