Can't save map in ArcGIS Online

04-14-2020 11:08 AM
ShawnDowling
New Contributor

I am trying to create a simple webmap to embed in my organization's website, and I cannot, for some reason, save the map.  The "Save" and "Share" options are not available at all on the ribbon.  No one else in the organization seems to have this problem.  It does not appear to be a browser issue.  I have tried this on my local machine and on my virtual machine.  I have no issue saving a map with my personal ArcGIS Online account, just the organizational one.  I can't find anything at all about this online.  I'm totally stumped.  Does anyone have any idea what might be going on?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Katie_Clark
MVP Regular Contributor

Shawn Dowling, what is your user type and role within the organization? Have you been able to save web maps before, and this is issue is only happening recently?

Best,
Katie

“The goal is not simply to ‘work hard, play hard.’ The goal is to make our work and our play indistinguishable.”
- Simon Sinek
0 Kudos
ShawnDowling
New Contributor

Hi Katherine, thanks for the reply.  I'm waiting on a reply from the employee who manages our ArcGIS Online account.  This does feel like it has something to do with not having proper permission within the organization, does that seem right?  I have not used this account before to create any content, and like I said no one else seems to have this problem, so maybe there was some mistake when setting up my account.  I thought in the mean time I'd reach out to the community to see if there was something I might be missing, while I wait to hear back from him.

0 Kudos
Katie_Clark
MVP Regular Contributor

Yeah, never hurts to reach out on Geonet   As I said, my first guess would be that you just don't have permission to create content. If it turns out you do have "creation privileges" but still run into this issue, we can look into a couple other troubleshooting ideas.

Best,
Katie

“The goal is not simply to ‘work hard, play hard.’ The goal is to make our work and our play indistinguishable.”
- Simon Sinek
0 Kudos