Can't find colorblind friendly ramps in Map Viewer Beta

Jump to solution
09-16-2020 06:44 AM
OliverIshmael
Occasional Contributor

According to a variety of articles, ESRI have recently provided over 200 colour ramps that have been tested as being colorblind friendly - to ensure that the ramp shows detectable colour variation with the most common type of colour blindness.

New color ramps in Map Viewer Beta: A behind the scenes look 

https://youtu.be/IbLUTV-gvYw (jump to 10 minutes 30 seconds)

When i use the Map Viewer Beta it only shows 4 options (and makes no reference to anything colorblind friendly):

colorblind friendly ramps

I appreciate this could be 'Beta' related issue - but just wanted to know if anyone had any salient advice for me?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OliverIshmael
Occasional Contributor

It seems that Colorblind friendly ramps are only available for numeric data fields e.g. Short Integer and Double but not String

Also Colorblind friendly ramps are only available when you select a Drawing Style = Counts & Amounts (Color).

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey Oliver,

I did a quick test with my own ArcGIS Online account and I was able to find a filter for colorblind friendly ramps.  This may sound very redundant but after selecting the "All Color Ramps" are you able to scroll down further?  When I do so I'm able to find that colorblind filter and I see quite a few options appear.  

0 Kudos
OliverIshmael
Occasional Contributor

It seems that Colorblind friendly ramps are only available for numeric data fields e.g. Short Integer and Double but not String

Also Colorblind friendly ramps are only available when you select a Drawing Style = Counts & Amounts (Color).

0 Kudos