Can't edit layer table in MapView, Can't open Data Tab in Overview

Jump to solution
12-07-2018 09:53 AM
AmeliaNewsam
Occasional Contributor

I am the owner of the layer, but I can neither edit the attribute table in MapView nor access the Data Tab in Overview (it just thinks and thinks but never opens).  Any ideas what's wrong?  (I noticed someone mention enabling editing from a drop-down menu, but I can't see to find it.)

Thanks,

Amy

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

On the top right hand side of the item details page > overview tab click publish. This will create a hosted layer and you should be able to enable editing.

Check out this documentation about feature layers:

Feature layers—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS 

It details all the different types of feature layers and then shows a table with their capabilities in the Map Viewer and Item Details page. 

View solution in original post

8 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

You enable editing on the settings tab in the item details for the item. Have you taken a look at the web traffic? Are there any errors?

https://community.esri.com/groups/cats/blog/2017/05/04/monitoring-web-service-requests-from-web-apps 

https://community.esri.com/groups/technical-support/blog/2018/06/07/monitoring-web-service-requests-... 

0 Kudos
AmeliaNewsam
Occasional Contributor

Hi Katie,

I don't have the option, there is no "enable editing" option under either the General tab or the Feature Layer Tab in the Settings section.  

I'm sorry, I'm not sure what you mean by "web traffic".  Right now the layer is not public... ?

Thanks,

Amy

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can you send me a picture of your item details > overview tab.

0 Kudos
AmeliaNewsam
Occasional Contributor

0 Kudos
AmeliaNewsam
Occasional Contributor

0 Kudos
AmeliaNewsam
Occasional Contributor

Hi Katie, was that the right screenshot?

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

On the top right hand side of the item details page > overview tab click publish. This will create a hosted layer and you should be able to enable editing.

Check out this documentation about feature layers:

Feature layers—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS 

It details all the different types of feature layers and then shows a table with their capabilities in the Map Viewer and Item Details page. 

AmeliaNewsam
Occasional Contributor

Ah ha!  Thanks so much!  I will read the link you sent. 

0 Kudos