Can't add data from ArcGIS online to my map

11-12-2014 08:45 AM
AshleyRatley
New Contributor

I am using ArcMap 10.2.2. When I go to "Add Data From ArcGIS Online" and click "add"on something, nothing happens. It has always worked for me in the past, but for the last two weeks, it hasn't. The ArcGIS online window closes, but nothing is added to my map. I am signed in to ArcGIS online, and I have tried different datasets, including ones that I know have worked for me before. I don't have any problem adding basemaps or web map services. Has anyone seen this, or does anyone have an idea on how to fix it?

11 Replies
KaeleyDarby
New Contributor II

I updated to 10.3 recently and I have the same problem. I click 'add data' and the box just disappears.

0 Kudos
JohnNiles
New Contributor III

Has anyone had any resolution to this? It just started happening to me - I click 'add' and the ArcGIS Online window closes, but nothing is added... I am logged in and connected.

0 Kudos
DanRose
New Contributor III

Same issues here, 10.2.1

0 Kudos
KyleBalke__GISP
Occasional Contributor III

Kind of a shot in the dark but you may consider deleting your Normal.mxt to reset your ArcMap Application settings.  Here is a great thread going over the steps and location of that file:

Resetting your ArcGIS application profile

0 Kudos
DanRose
New Contributor III

Actually, I found out what the deal was - I can bring in only certain layers from AGO into Desktop - tried opening up the particular layers that were giving me problems directly in AGO and it told me that I didn't "have permission to view the layer". I wonder now why I was even able to see that it was an available layer...

shan_sarkar
Occasional Contributor III
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Did you ever get this resolved?  I am now having the same issue.  Whenever I add data now from ArcGIS Online to ArcMap, nothing happens.  If it does add the data then nothing is displayed.  Very frustrating!!!!

0 Kudos
JenniferShcherban
New Contributor

Yes this is also happening to me. Only the ESRI data doesnt load but data from other sources work. What is going on ?

paulrindfleisch1
New Contributor

Same issue in 10.3.  Obviously no one at esri cares about this, or it would've been fixed sometime in the last four years.  It isn't a wonder that everyone is dumping esri products for products that don't crash or fail to work on a regular basis.

0 Kudos