Select to view content in your preferred language

Can I re-point a Fieldmaps Designer form wirth broken link to a new FeatureLayer, or copy it into the other data set?

04-03-2024 11:12 AM
Labels (1)
CHNArcGIS
Emerging Contributor

I have a form in Fieldmaps Designer that was used last year on a project whose FeatureLayer has since been deleted.  Prior to deletion, the FeatureLayer was copied and made into a new version for this year, so same layers and attributes, just a different title and living in a new webmap.

I would like to avoid rebuilding all the drop-downs and layout of the forms for each of the layers in the FeatureLayer that was deleted, so I am hoping there is a way to either re-point the broken links version of the form to the FeatureLayer copy for this year, or if I can't re-point it, can a copy of the form be made and assigned to the new FeatureLayer even if the old form is broken?

Any assistance is appreciated, thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
AaronGlanville
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

One thing you could try is looking at the web map in the ArcGIS Online Assistant. https://ago-assistant.esri.com/

Depending on where you had the form saved, what you deleted, or if you removed the deleted layer from the web map, you may be able to view the JSON of the webmap and copy and paste the form to a new layer.

First, select View an Item's JSON under the I want to... tab, then select the web map that had the form. In the Data code, find the old layer. Then within the old layer, you can copy everything under "formInfo": {...} for the old layer and paste it under the new one. Save the edits, then refresh you Field Maps Designer window and the form should appear under the new layer.

Not sure if this will work in your circumstances, but worth a try.

0 Kudos