Select to view content in your preferred language

Can I join more than one arcgis online organization

Jump to solution
05-19-2016 10:07 PM
SteveCline
Occasional Contributor

Is it possible to belong to more than one ArcGIS Online organization while using the same user name?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

It is your username that has to be different.  In my case, I have two user names and belong to the same organization because I have different roles within there and different priviledges.  More importantly, one of the names comes with me when I retire the other doesn't

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

well it is a good idea too... but you can have separate accounts and I would separate your esri account from a work account for sure  check the docs in the workflow and design section What's new—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS

0 Kudos
AravindStoryMaps
Esri Regular Contributor

Are you using a built-in username?

If so, i would think ArcGIS Online usually matches usernames to organizations based on its unique value when logging in. This is why: you can still login to www.arcgis.com using your built-in username and password and still login to the right organization. I am not sure if you would be able to use that same name in a different organization.

Thanks,

Aravind

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

It is your username that has to be different.  In my case, I have two user names and belong to the same organization because I have different roles within there and different priviledges.  More importantly, one of the names comes with me when I retire the other doesn't

0 Kudos
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Currently, one ArcGIS Online username can belong to one ArcGIS Online organization. One username cannot belong to two organizations. You can reuse your email address for many usernames.

-Kelly