Can I hide HTML elements of my popup according to a variable?

Jump to solution
05-03-2020 06:48 PM
MattCreaney
Occasional Contributor

I have a popup where custom URLs are displayed.  The URLs displayed are to pre-populate a Survey123 form based on known data outside of ArcGIS.  I have generated the html for the popup based on a spreadsheet that builds the HTML automatically.  The spreadsheet has data for all the features.  I want to hide/disable some of the URLs based on whether the URL is relevant to the feature that was selected.

I cannot simply load these values into the database because the data belongs to a related table and by uploading it to this table I would have duplicate entries once the Survey123 form is submitted.  If anyone has any better ideas, I would appreciate it.  I've played with Arcade and I can't figure out a good way to make this work.

0 Kudos
14 Replies
MattCreaney
Occasional Contributor

OK - this shows -1

0 Kudos
DerrickWong
Esri Contributor

Matt Creaney

What does return $feature["Asset_Name"] when you hit Test button?

0 Kudos
MattCreaney
Occasional Contributor

It returns null, but thats because the first feature in the table has no asset name.  When I enter the name manually to test it returns the name as I entered.  But when I apply that to the original code it still returns null.

0 Kudos
MattCreaney
Occasional Contributor

Hi Derrick

I changed the == 1 to == 0 and now it works. Thank you so much for your help. I can work with this.

Disclaimer

The information contained in this communication from the sender is confidential. It is intended solely for use by the recipient and others authorized to receive it. If you are not the recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking action in relation of the contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.

This email has been scanned for viruses and malware, and may have been automatically archived by Mimecast Ltd, an innovator in Software as a Service (SaaS) for business. Providing a safer and more useful place for your human generated data. Specializing in; Security, archiving and compliance. To find out more visit the Mimecast website.

0 Kudos
DerrickWong
Esri Contributor

Hi Matt Creaney

You should probably use != -1 or >= 0  instead of == 1 or == 0. This should cover all cases.

Did that test hastily and so it was an oversight on my part. My bad.

I have updated the screenshot to reflect this.

I would appreciate if you can mark the answer as correct if it solved your issue; helps others quickly find the answer too 😃

Cheers