Bulk Change Sharing of AGOL Items

Jump to solution
09-19-2023 05:29 PM
AKRRMapGuy
New Contributor III

I inherited a bit of a mess in my orgs AGOL and we are trying to clean it up. I am wondering if there is a way to do a select all and change 'sharing' on item types in AGOL or do I have to go item by item. Does this require python somehow? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Katie_Clark
MVP Regular Contributor

You can do this with the Python API or the GUI. If you do it within the ArcGIS Online interface, (assuming you're an administrator) you can view a user's content through the "manage users" option of the organization tab and then click on their username and "View all items". Within this interface, you can then bulk select items in their content and change the sharing settings. At the bottom of the page, you can set it to display up to 100 items at once so that you can select more items at a time. 

Best,
Katie

“The goal is not simply to ‘work hard, play hard.’ The goal is to make our work and our play indistinguishable.”
- Simon Sinek

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Katie_Clark
MVP Regular Contributor

You can do this with the Python API or the GUI. If you do it within the ArcGIS Online interface, (assuming you're an administrator) you can view a user's content through the "manage users" option of the organization tab and then click on their username and "View all items". Within this interface, you can then bulk select items in their content and change the sharing settings. At the bottom of the page, you can set it to display up to 100 items at once so that you can select more items at a time. 

Best,
Katie

“The goal is not simply to ‘work hard, play hard.’ The goal is to make our work and our play indistinguishable.”
- Simon Sinek
AKRRMapGuy
New Contributor III

Thank you! Doing it on the user content page was the ticket. I've never needed to do this before haha. What I am fixing shouldn't have happened...

0 Kudos