Better way to view tabular data in AGOL

Jump to solution
05-28-2020 07:13 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Currently, we house a database in MS Access. When users want to enter data, they do it via a form in Access. Searching through entries, and viewing one single entry, is easy because all the information from one record (all 40 fields) is displayed on the screen.

I'd like to migrate our database to ArcGIS Online, so that the data are accessible to the entire team, and so that there are fewer steps involved in migrating the data to analyses. Currently our Access database is on our servers, which is only accessible to team members with VPN, and data have to be spatially referenced each time we pull from it. The issue is, in AGOL, viewing the data (which are spatial data, but have a lot of important related info in the table) is painful. Only about 4 fields show up in the table at one time. The popups are very long and I don't think it's possible to create multiple columns.

Is there a way to view data in an AGOL feature so that I can see ALL data from one record on the page at one time? Similar to a form (see below) in MS Access?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Egge-Jan_Pollé
MVP Regular Contributor

Hi Erica Newton,

Yes, you can configure a Custom Attribute Display in ArcGIS Online: Configure pop-ups—ArcGIS Online Help | Documentation 

There is a rich text editor available, supporting a (limited set of) HTML in the background: Supported HTML—ArcGIS Online Help | Documentation 

So, you should be able to create a <table> with multiple columns to present your attribute data in a clear and readable manner. This configuration might take some time and effort, but it is a one time affair...

HTH,

Egge-Jan

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Egge-Jan_Pollé
MVP Regular Contributor

Hi Erica Newton,

Yes, you can configure a Custom Attribute Display in ArcGIS Online: Configure pop-ups—ArcGIS Online Help | Documentation 

There is a rich text editor available, supporting a (limited set of) HTML in the background: Supported HTML—ArcGIS Online Help | Documentation 

So, you should be able to create a <table> with multiple columns to present your attribute data in a clear and readable manner. This configuration might take some time and effort, but it is a one time affair...

HTH,

Egge-Jan

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Egge-Jan, I will definitely be sure to check that out! Thank you for taking the time to consider my question and for posting the reference links. Maybe this will work!

0 Kudos
Egge-Jan_Pollé
MVP Regular Contributor

Hi Erica Newton,

I noticed that you marked my answer as being correct. Thanks for that.

Just out of curiosity: did you manage to replicate the MS Access database form in a satisfactory way, showing all the relevant information in the AGOL popup?

BR,

Egge-Jan

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

One more note to help others with the same question. You can create what you want your table of attributes to look like in microsoft word, then paste it into the NON-html portion of your "custom attribute display" window. You can then tweak it to have background colors, text colors, different sizes etc. ArcGIS Online will build the html code for you - so no need to write the html code yourself.