ArgGIS Online Webapp Editor Widget - How to track changes and approve/disapprove changes?

12-16-2021 05:11 PM
Hae_SeungSung
New Contributor

I would like to build a web app that allows anyone can add/edit the existing geometry data (polyline and point data). I can see this is a supported function with editor or smart editor widget. But it seems like there is no approval process for it to get pushed out. Just like SDE versioning and editing process, I need to track changes (who did what) and approve/disapprove the changes. 

Does anyone know a way to do this with ArcGIS Online Web App?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Is it a hosted layer, or is it published from an enterprise geodatabase? You can publish a feature service from a specific version and manage the reconciliation yourself.

Without SDE versioning, there's not a good way to do this, unless you use multiple layers or attributes. We do have a few layers in our org that other users can "edit", but the layer exposed to them for editing is not the true layer. Rather, they can access a "proposed changes" layer. If the edits in this layer are deemed good, they can be copied into the authoritative layer.

It's not as nice as version management, but it works well enough. May not be as feasible for higher volumes of edits, though.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos
Hae_SeungSung
New Contributor

Hi Josh, Thanks for your reply. It is hosted layer. Having multiple layers such as "proposed changes" layer sounds like a great idea. 

0 Kudos