Are WMTS Image and Vector Tiled services compatible with Collector and Survey 123 Apps?

Jump to solution
12-02-2018 11:03 PM
PeteSmyth1
New Contributor II

I have  the following:

1. A WMTS Image service in a webmap shared to our organisation as a basemap
  2. A Vector Tiled service in a webmap shared to our organisation as a basemap

I am unable to view either of these basemaps when I try and use them in either the Collector or Survey123 apps (Android).  No errors are generated or displayed on the screen, they simply do not display.

I would note:

1. these basemaps display if I use the basemaps in a WebApp and use the WebApp in a browser on the Android device.
  2. These basemaps do not display when using Survey123 either in the browser or using the Survey123 App (android)
  3. These basemaps do not display when using Collector App (Android)

Do the Survey123 and Collector Apps have issues displaying WMTS or Vector Tile Services?

Does the Survey123 WebApp have issues displaying WMTS or Vector Tile Services?

Thanks

Pete

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Pete,

WMTS is supported in Survey123, provided you know the URL pattern to get a specific tile.  See Include a map in your survey—Survey123 for ArcGIS | ArcGIS .  Note that the WMTS service must be in the same tile caching scheme used by ArcGIS Online, Google Maps and OpenStreetMap.

While we intend to support vector tiles in the future with Survey123, we do not have a definite timeline to implement them currently.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Pete,

I'm not sure about image services, but it looks like vector tile basemap functionality is on it's way for both Collector and Survey123:

Vector Tile Packages and Survey123 

https://community.esri.com/thread/174475 

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Pete,

WMTS is supported in Survey123, provided you know the URL pattern to get a specific tile.  See Include a map in your survey—Survey123 for ArcGIS | ArcGIS .  Note that the WMTS service must be in the same tile caching scheme used by ArcGIS Online, Google Maps and OpenStreetMap.

While we intend to support vector tiles in the future with Survey123, we do not have a definite timeline to implement them currently.