ArcGISonline problem in IE Chrome Firefox

02-27-2013 11:17 AM
AaronHebert1
New Contributor II
ArcGISonline works okay in IE8 besides it running really slow.  In Firefox version 19 ArcGISonline seems to run at the proper speed but if you click my content the page goes blank and does not load. So I cannot access my content at all in Firefox . In Chrome version 25.0.1364.97 again it seems to run at the proper speed and you can access my content but the drop down menus do not work right. Any buttons on the web page needs to have the mouse button held down to see the menu. Once you release the mouse button the menu is gone. Things like the add data button are behaving like this but still work if you hold the mouse button then navigate to what you want to click. The real problem is when I go to change the symbols.  There are different categories of symbols in a drop down menu but when I click on the category drop down it displays my options but I cannot select them.

I have tried other computers in the office and my home computer and Chrome and Firefox work correctly with ArcGISonline on those machines. It is just my work computer that behaves like this. I have done a windows update, Silverlight update, and a java update and nothing seems to help. I have also cleared the history and cookies and reinstalled both browsers. I am at a loss here any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I am using a personal account if that matters. I have contacted ESRI but have not heard back, the person I spoke with was not interested in helping me with this problem, which is not my typical experience.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor
Well, it seems specific to your particular computer. Chrome has developer tools that can track requests. From the upper right corner, display the chrome menu, click Tools, and Developer Tools. On the window, click Network. You can then watch the network traffic. Monitor what happens when you go to My Content and look for errors that may indicate what's going on.

Thanks,

Mike
0 Kudos
WillBoyer
New Contributor
Every since firefox upated to 19 I've had the same problem with the blank screen when trying to view my content. Thankfully Chrome is working fine.
0 Kudos
KennethKirk
New Contributor
We have published a few maps with AGOL now and found out that they seem to be working fine in IE9 or higher, Chrome 33, but seems to be spotty with Firefox 27.  My FF was version 25, maps worked fine, it updated to 26 and 27 respectively without errors. However, the director of IT who is running FF27 and has the same settings as mine, the map stops on load. Any ideas of why?
0 Kudos