ArcgisDoes anyone know if you can have allow users to edit one set of attachments while preserving another.

02-08-2019 06:48 PM
RPGIS
by
Occasional Contributor III

Hi, 

I was wondering if it was possible to set attachments for features where users can edit one set of attachments while preserving another set of attachments for the sane feature(s). So for instance, I have documents that I want to keep attached to a feature bit I want to enable the user(s) to be able to add photos. I don't know if this is possible but I was wondering if anyone has ever done this or knows how to do it. If anyone wouldn't mind letting me know I'd greatly appreciate it. 

Thanks,

Robert

0 Kudos
6 Replies
KhaledHassen
Esri Contributor

One way you can achieve this is through enabling ownership-based access control (OBAC) on this feature service.

Assume you have feature F + attachment (A1). If userA owns this feature F + A1, then no-one will be able to delete or update this attachment (A1) if you enable OBAC. 

So you will define ownership-based access control like below. Your users can add attachment only and cannot delete or update existing one including the one they add.

"editorTrackingInfo" : {     "enableEditorTracking" : true,      "enableOwnershipAccessControl" : true,      "allowOthersToQuery" : true,      "allowOthersToUpdate" : false,      "allowOthersToDelete" : false   }

Not sure if you need your client to modify existing attachments. If you do, then we do not really have a solution for this and you might need to enforce this in the app side but still the client will be able to go and bypass the client side modify or delete this attachment you do not want them to change.

Thanks

Khaled Hassen

Online Feature Service Lead

0 Kudos
RPGIS
by

That sounds close to what I was looking for. I was also wondering if you

could control who can add, update, and delete attachments using versions

and only enabling certain users to add, delete, and update a version that

only they have access to. Is there a possibility of creating two related

tables and synchronize one set of attachments and keeping another constant?

Just curious if this is possible or not. I'll try your method and see how

that works out.

Thanks,

Robert

0 Kudos
KhaledHassen
Esri Contributor

>Is there a possibility of creating two related

>tables and synchronize one set of attachments and keeping another constant?

Not for the same feature. We do support creating views that you can allow your clients to view attachments only or not seeing attachment at all. But for the same feature, we do not have a solution for it currently.

Thanks

Khaled

0 Kudos
RPGIS
by

Is it possible to have attachments and related tables simultaneously or is

that not currently possible?

0 Kudos
KhaledHassen
Esri Contributor

Yes you can. So you can have layer A + attachment + related table to layer A

0 Kudos
RPGIS
by

Ok I might try that instead so the documents that I upload can still be

viewed and the user(s) can add attachments without deleting the documents.

0 Kudos