ArcGIS Pro Web Scenes - Sharing with the Public

11-01-2015 12:38 PM
KieranO_Donnell2
New Contributor II

Hi all,

I am creating a story map for use in a presentation, designed to explain a development opportunity to the public.

Within this, I use a web scene published in ArcGIS pro to show the scene of this opportunity, with bookmarks that zoom to each site of interest.
This all works fine while I am signed in to my organisational ArcGIS online account.

However, I also want the public to be able to access this Story Map and Scene from a link via our website, so they are able to view/explore it in their own time.
I have run into a number of issues when trying to access this Scene as 'public', (Not signed in to any ArcGIS online account).

The bookmarks I have set do not load when changing between tabs in the Story Map, and so the Web Scene remains at the same location (while it should change to the next bookmarked point of interest).

The Web Feature Layers are not present in the Web Scene (when public), despite them being shared publicly from my ArcGIS organisational account. The Web Scene loads, however these WFLs are not there, which is essential for the use of this Web Scene.

Can anyone provide insight as to why I am experiencing these issues?
This all works correctly when signed in to my account, it is only as a 'public' user I experience these issues.
All of the Web Scenes, WFLs and Story Maps are shared publicly.

Many thanks,

Kieran

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Did you check out this blog on how to use web scenes in story maps? This might help you configuring your story map to the specific slides.

Using 3D web scenes in Story Maps redux | ArcGIS Blog

Under your account in ArcGIS Online do you see the feature layer there and does it say "Everyone" under its share column?

0 Kudos
KieranO_Donnell2
New Contributor II

Hi Russell,

Thanks, yes I have seen that blog and followed the same steps
when creating my story map and web scene.

Each of my slides has the Web Scene included with the extension
"&ui=min#3", with the number specifying the slide that each tab
should zoom to.

And yes, the feature layer is shared with everyone.

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Hey Kieran,

When you specified the slides in scene did you use this step mentioned in the blog:

It’s best to use the generic ArcGIS domain (www.arcgis.com) in your web scene URL rather that your organization’s domain (myorg.maps.arcgis.com) as this can cause a problem accessing your web scene if anonymous access to your organization is disabled.

0 Kudos