I'm having an issue similar to the end of this discussion, where my domains are not recognized in ArcGIS Pro (2.4.1). The data was published with domains intact, and the features are rendered on the subtypes. When I edit in a web app the domains are working as expected, but when I bring the data into Pro for editing, they are not. Field with domains are simply treated as an unbound text field. Interestingly, when I set the subtype to null, the domains re-appear, and then they will disappear again when I set a subtype value.
The underlying gdb used for publishing doesn't have subtype-specific domains (i.e. every subtype is using the default domains assigned at the feature class level.
Michael Miller or Kelly Gerrow do you have any insight as to what the cause may be, or how to fix this? It's impacting productive editing (just can't do much beyond simple attribute updates in a web app).
We have encountered a similar issue with subtypes causing a problem when trying to add new features in Pro (2.5.1). We are able to select the type of road from the create feature payne, and draw in the new centerline, but then we are not able to finish the drawing and Pro flags the subtype field as the problem. The field will show the numeric value, but wants the text value. We are able to see the list of text values in the down and select one, but when we try to save the feature or select another field, it reverts to the numeric value and is flagged once again. This is not an issue in ArcMap working with the same database.