ArcGIS OnlineL Change selection color for map embedded in Dashboard

04-14-2021 09:26 AM
Labels (1)
MisterCoffee
New Contributor

I have a dashboard with a map that has two layers, let's say Layer A and Layer B. Layer A has no actions associated with it and no popup. Layer B has no actions but does have a popup. I also have a dropdown selector widget of Layer A data that zooms and flashes the selected item on the map upon selection.

My issues is how to set colors. There are three scenarios:

1. Clicking on Layer B in the map fills the polygon with a semi-transparent teal. I like to change this color and the color of any text in this selected layer -- for example, fill the polygon dark blue with white text.

2. Using the dropdown selector flashes the selected Layer A polygon with a brownish border which lasts a few seconds then disappears. I'd like to change this to a fill that persists -- for example, fill the polygon dark blue with white text. Or at least have the border persists when it's done flashing.

Thoughts?

thanks!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I don't know that you can do that in a dashboard, but  Experience Builder does give you the option of changing the selection color, and selected feature in a list can have a persistent highlight on an associated map.

Certain dashboard features can be replicated over there, too, though it's not 1:1. Might be worth taking a look at, at least.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos
MisterCoffee
New Contributor

@jcarlson Thanks for your response. Yeah, unfortunately, Experience Builder has some serious flaws in how it displays maps (ie pop-ups get positioned with the top and bottom cut off if the map pane isn't tall enough to hold it) that are dealbreakers. Unless you know how to fix that 😉

0 Kudos
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Agreed, there is still work to be done there. The best we've found is to disable popups in the map itself and use a Feature Info widget in a slideout panel to show the popup info.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos