ArcGIS Online web maps and Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS applications do not challenge for Windows authentication on iOS devices?

01-30-2019 07:24 AM
ArtieMcDonough
New Contributor

In ArcGIS online I am using a secured service from our ArcGIS Server (10.4.1) within a simple web map. This web map is being used in a simple app created by web app builder. When view this app on an iphone or ipad, a challenge window will not appear and therefore I cannot pass credentials to get the map to load. 

In Android:

Challenge window appears and I can pass my credentials successfully through to view the application and all its content.

In iOS:

IF the service is secured no browsers will allow for authentication from the server and the layers will not load. IF the service is unsecured the application loads fine. I was told the below bug is related to this issue. Has there anything been done about this. Is there another way to view secured services within iOS?

Defect ID: BUG-000095629

Synopsis: ArcGIS Online web maps and Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS applications do not challenge for Windows authentication on iOS devices when referencing ArcGIS for Server web-tier secured services with NT LAN Manager (NTLM) authentication.

0 Kudos
0 Replies