ArcGIS Online Time Aware App Not Displaying Heat Map

Jump to solution
07-15-2019 12:21 PM
JustinSorensen2
New Contributor II

A web map was created that has time aware locations. These are being displayed as a heat map. The slider works fine in the web map, but does not display any data when loaded in a time aware app. There are approximately 27,000 locations being displayed.

Any help displaying the heat maps in the time aware app would be appreciated.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SarahMcDonald_Esri
Esri Contributor

Hi Justin,

Thank you for providing the links to the map and the application. I tested with what you provided and was able to see that the application is having a tough time drawing the data while the slider is enabled. It looks like this behavior has been logged as a defect. Here is the information for the defect: 

BUG-000117738 : The Time Aware template does not refresh the map as time progresses when using a large amount of data.

From the information on the defect, it does look like this is in product plan. 

-Sarah

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
SarahMcDonald_Esri
Esri Contributor

Hi Justin,

In the Time Aware application, are you not seeing the features appear while the slider is activated and when the time slider is paused, or just when the time slider is activated? 

Can you share the link to the application as well?

Thanks!

Sarah

0 Kudos
JustinSorensen2
New Contributor II

Hi Sarah,

It doesn't appear to show the features while the slider is activated or when the slider is paused. This is the link to the time aware application: https://mlibgisservices.maps.arcgis.com/apps/TimeAware/index.html?appid=b047146964f043eeb44359ef1109... 

It does seem to work when viewing the slider in web map. This is the link to the web map: https://arcg.is/WmGaC 

I was thinking it might be a problem with the size (27,000 locations), but when it works in web map and not in the time aware app, I'm not sure where the problem might be.

Thanks,

Justin

0 Kudos
SarahMcDonald_Esri
Esri Contributor

Hi Justin,

Thank you for providing the links to the map and the application. I tested with what you provided and was able to see that the application is having a tough time drawing the data while the slider is enabled. It looks like this behavior has been logged as a defect. Here is the information for the defect: 

BUG-000117738 : The Time Aware template does not refresh the map as time progresses when using a large amount of data.

From the information on the defect, it does look like this is in product plan. 

-Sarah

0 Kudos
JustinSorensen2
New Contributor II

Thanks so much for your time and help Sarah. Hopefully the issue will be resolved soon.

Best,

Justin