Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcGIS online popup not displaying next feature icon with overlapping features

Jump to solution
05-04-2018 12:03 PM
Anish_Adhikari
Occasional Contributor

I have a web map which contains several overlapping points with same address. When I click on the symbology around the center, it gives me option to click on the next feature. If I click around the edges, it does not give me the option. I was wondering if anyone else has encountered this issue. I have been able to duplicate this issue using different symbology. 

Here is the link to the web map

https://www.arcgis.com/home/webmap/viewer.html?webmap=2c77cb048a5a491388aa94cf8061d9b9 

Popup working correctly

Popup working correctly

Popup not working correctly

Popup not working correctly

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anish_Adhikari
Occasional Contributor

The issue has now been logged as a bug.

#BUG-000113972 Pop-Up fails to display the information for overlapping features when clicked on the edges of a feature.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

This really is strange behavior. I hadn't seen it before but I just made a test sample set and got the same results. Maybe this is a bug?

0 Kudos
Anish_Adhikari
Occasional Contributor

Adrian,

Thank You for taking your time to test it out with your own data. I tried with a different data-set today and I got the same results. It has different effects when using different symbology. Some seem to minimize the issue on desktop browsers but does not completely get rid of it. It is worse on mobile browsers. I contacted ESRI support and did a screen share session. It has not been designated as a bug yet but I will post any updates.

AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

What was Esri tech support's response to this behavior? I presume they were able to reproduce it?

0 Kudos
Anish_Adhikari
Occasional Contributor

They said they will look into it and will get back to me. I will post any updates.

0 Kudos
Anish_Adhikari
Occasional Contributor

Just got an update from ESRI and they said they have were able to reproduce the issue with in-house data. It has not been designated as a bug yet but looks like it will be.

Anish_Adhikari
Occasional Contributor

The issue has now been logged as a bug.

#BUG-000113972 Pop-Up fails to display the information for overlapping features when clicked on the edges of a feature.