ArcGIS Online: Pop-up show up as mobile on desktop

Jump to solution
06-17-2016 11:49 AM
DanPrice
New Contributor II

Hi all !

I have users getting mobile pop-ups when they click for information using web apps on their desktop internet browser.  Maps created in AGOL with web app builder. There seems to be no rhyme or reason for certain users

or type of web browsers, or which web app they are using.  The mobile pop ups seem to come up one day, and come up as regular pop ups the next.

Anyone experience this or know a cause?  Or, better yet, a solution?

Thanks & Happy GISing!

Dan

Tags (1)
30 Replies
iREiMicronesia
New Contributor II

it's not a matter of window size, i embed my map at a 1200px width and still giving me that wired mobile size pop-up

0 Kudos
iREiMicronesia
New Contributor II

ok a solution for this is that it's a bout the height of the embedding windows not just the width, lol never seen a design breakpoint based on height but you need to set your embedding frame at something more than 600px so 601px will resolve this

RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

iREi Micronesia,

It sounds like you are unaware that you have complete control though breakpoint values using mobilebrakpoint url parameter.

Use URL parameters—Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS (Developer Edition) | ArcGIS for Developers 

iREiMicronesia
New Contributor II

well thank you for mentioning, i already read that in the docs but the thing is that i'm not using the " developer's edition " and setting this parameter doesn't work with hosted version it returns and error of
Cannot read property 'toLowerCase' of undefined
i put the query url parameter like that : ///apps/webappviewer/index.html?id=xxxxxxx?mobileBreakPoint=300

so i thought to mention my work around for any users who doesn't user the developer's edition as well.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

OK, I did not know this was not supported in the hosted version.

0 Kudos
KarenTuerk2
New Contributor

Thank you!!! This was driving me nuts. iFrame with height=601 did the trick! 

0 Kudos
CarolineRose
New Contributor III

I also have this problem, with the browser window maximized on a 14-inch laptop. When I open the full details of the popup, I can't see the whole list (there are lots of attributes). I can't find any way to scroll, arrow-down, or page-down to see the rest of the attribute list. 

I am in Chrome on Windows 10.

I would really appreciate a solution for disabling mobile popups in ArcGIS Online.

0 Kudos
PeterGoedbloed
New Contributor III

This is an idea on ideas.arcgis.com, you can vote it up the more popular an idea, the likelier it will be integrated in the platform: https://community.esri.com/ideas/14633-no-full-screen-size-of-pop-ups-on-large-screens

0 Kudos
JonathanHallam1
New Contributor III

I have same issue, is there anyway to change popup for mobile browsers using AGOL,

I could use arcgis explorer but most people using app aren’t very technologically minded so another app to download maybe tricky but link can open from shared source browser is easier.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Jonathan,

OK. I just tested and mobile break points do work in AGOL version. The issue iREi was having is they were using ?mobileBreakPoint=300 and you need to use &mobileBreakPoint=300 (since there is already a ? in the url).

iREi_Micronesia

0 Kudos