Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcGIS Online Parcel Viewer Search

03-26-2013 07:13 AM
PaulMcBride
New Contributor III
Hello Everyone,

I am trying to get the Parcel Viewer Application to work like in the example.  The search is finding the data but it will not pan and zoom to the feature once it is found.  Any ideas?  Below is link to app.

http://mccog.maps.arcgis.com/apps/Solutions/s1.html?appid=94bf3656cad94fdc817b34176f9f1830

Thanks,

Paul
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
19 Replies
LisaShertz
New Contributor III
I concur. I made a test map a couple of days ago . The search worked, but no highlighting the selected feature and no zooming to the selected feature. The data was a feature service of polygon data.

Thanks.

Lisa
0 Kudos
RickWeisbond
New Contributor III
I'm having the same problem with the viewer.  I tried using both a parcel polygon feature service and an address point feature service.  Both work well in the search box but neither highlights and zooms to the feature.
0 Kudos
PaulMcBride
New Contributor III
Anyone figured this out yet?  Still no zoom or pan to selected feature.
0 Kudos
CadeFurnas
New Contributor II
For me, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I've tested it with services hosted on ArcGIS Online and local servers with versions 10.0 and 10.1. I noticed it doesn't work well when layers are grouped together, or if there are multiple layers under a map service. It's really strange, and I have yet to find a pattern. Also, I've used the template hosted locally with the same results. Bummer, because it seems really useful. I hope to see more apps like this.

Has anyone gotten the template to work with a different address geolocator? There's a place in code template to put it in, but I don't see how it's being used.
0 Kudos
PaulMcBride
New Contributor III
Thanks for the reply.  I tried it with points and polys with multiple publishing methods as well with no luck.  Maybe we can get a ESRI person to reply soon.
0 Kudos
MDTMontana
New Contributor III
I am also having the same problem. I have tried this with points, polygons and lines using mainly Esri hosted feature services.
Bump for hopeful Esri response!
Thanks
Brian
0 Kudos
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor
Hello,

This issue appears to be related to the projection of the underlying feature layer. Please try setting the data frame of your map service or feature service to the Web Mercator Auxiliary Sphere.

If you are still running into the issue after making this change, feel free to message me the link to your application.

I hope this helps,

Kelly
0 Kudos
LisaShertz
New Contributor III
Kelly,

That worked for me!

This will be very helpful. I have a lot of maps that need the ability to search.
0 Kudos
MDTMontana
New Contributor III
This appears to work for my test data. It does seem to place a marker and pan to the item. I am not sure if it is supposed to zoom to the item like I have seen in the test examples. Is this the expected result?
Thanks,
Brian
0 Kudos