ArcGIS Online Mobile Template not working on Nokia Lumia 820 (Windows 8 IE browser)

08-26-2013 08:53 PM
SobodhDangwal
New Contributor III
I created a webmap and then published it on ArcGIS online Mobile template here is the link http://www.arcgis.com/apps/SimpleMapViewer/index.html?appid=8caaadfae71d45aa9ca074b86d849637&webmap=...

This works fine on iPad with tablet version and iPhones with smartphone version which it auto detects. However this doesn't work on windows 8 device Nokia Lumia 820.

The IE on Nokia is set correctly to display the Smartphone version of a website. Other websites open the smartphone version.

Can anyone help
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
AngelynSnyder
New Contributor III
(I guess my search for this topic wasn't thorough enough, because I just posted a similar question - oops).

At any rate, we are having the same issue with a Nokia Lumia 822. The OS is Windows Phone 8 and, in theory, should work. Isn't that the point of using a windows OS?

I'm not sure if the issue is from an incompatibility with the OS, a problem with the ArcGIS app, or some kind of permissions problem, but it seems unlikely that it would be a permissions issue since we don't have this problem when accessing content from an iPad or Android device.
0 Kudos
SobodhDangwal
New Contributor III
(I guess my search for this topic wasn't thorough enough, because I just posted a similar question - oops).

At any rate, we are having the same issue with a Nokia Lumia 822. The OS is Windows Phone 8 and, in theory, should work. Isn't that the point of using a windows OS?

I'm not sure if the issue is from an incompatibility with the OS, a problem with the ArcGIS app, or some kind of permissions problem, but it seems unlikely that it would be a permissions issue since we don't have this problem when accessing content from an iPad or Android device.

Glad to hear we are not the only ones who are having this issue. I will appreciate if ESRI guys look into this.
The way I see this is the IE installed on Lumia is having trouble switching template to smartphone site.
0 Kudos
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor
i've documented the problem. We'll need to look into it.

Thanks,

Mike
0 Kudos
SobodhDangwal
New Contributor III
Hi Mike

Any updates on this?

We are currently in process of switching the phones to Windows 8 and want to make the GIS maps available through ArcGIS online organization account.

Cheers
0 Kudos