ArcGIS Online MapViewer Symbology

11-02-2021 12:10 PM
EricG
by
New Contributor III

I may be missing this, but, is there a way to incorporate preset halo/shadow onto the existing MapViewer symbols in the way that the MapViewClassic did? 

Rhode Island Department of Health (RIDOH)
0 Kudos
10 Replies
ABishop
MVP Regular Contributor

Hello @EricG 

When you say "preset" do you mean like with the feature service?

Amanda Bishop, GISP
0 Kudos
EricG
by
New Contributor III
[ there are two images inserted into this email - are you able to see them? ]
MapViewer (Classic) Symbol (below) is called "shape." And it provides a nice "pop" to the symbol --> [cid:image001.jpg@01D7D034.87523EF0] . I'd like to duplicate this config for my GIS team. But the MapViewer (new) seems to not have these "preset items).

[cid:image002.jpg@01D7D034.87523EF0]

Rhode Island Department of Health (RIDOH)
0 Kudos
ABishop
MVP Regular Contributor

Good Morning @EricG 

I do not see the image.

Amanda Bishop, GISP
0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

The post didn't come through above but going off of info in the post we do not have that picture marker symbol shapes in the new Map Viewer.

We do have a marker based symbol for shapes where you can define the color for the symbols, outline colors, change the size without making the symbol blurry. You can also use effects to add a similar drop shadow but also control the direction, size and color of the shadow.

MVC

RussellRoberts1_0-1635952598287.png

NMV

RussellRoberts1_1-1635952673335.png

ABishop
MVP Regular Contributor

@RussRoberts 

He is talking about the point symbology that is preset in the classic map viewer.  See my attachment.

Amanda Bishop, GISP
0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

you can download the icons and publish as your own webstyle and use that in new map viewer

example icon: 

https://static.arcgis.com/images/Symbols/Shapes/GreenCircleLargeB.png

ABishop
MVP Regular Contributor

@RussRoberts 

Where do you get the icons?

Amanda Bishop, GISP
0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Just saved the web map with the symbols you want and you will see a url in the web map JSON for the esri symbol and it will be a png you can download.

You can use ago-assistant to find the url or chrome web dev tools.

ABishop
MVP Regular Contributor

@EricG and @RussRoberts 

Something else I just tried was opening a classic map viewer web map, saving it as another map as a test then opening it in the new map viewer.  The symbology was preserved for the new web map viewer map.  

Amanda Bishop, GISP
0 Kudos