ArcGIS Online Issue: Trouble clicking on a parcel in front of a buffer

Jump to solution
03-04-2016 07:36 AM
DavidSchram
New Contributor

I have an odd problem.  I've shared a few parcels to my ArcGIS Online account for a web map.  I created a 1-3-5 mile buffer around a parcel with enriched data.  After moving the parcel in front of the buffer, it is only clickable via the the outline; clicking on the polygon itself only brings up buffer data.  If I hide the buffer, then the full polygon for the parcel is clickable.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks!

-Dave Schram

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Thanks for sharing the map. I can click on the parcel and get it to pop up the data. Though, like you said, the buffer is on top of it. Clicking the next arrow will show me the parcel data. This might be a little training thing you might have to do with the people presenting this map (showing them the arrow).

According to this thread, there is no way to change the order in which the popups come, unfortunately:

How can I change the order of popups on an ArcGIS Online Map

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Just to ask the obvious question, is it possible that when you click on the parcel under the buffer that it is still being identified but you might have to hit the next arrow? 

Can you share your map with us?

0 Kudos
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

I saw you had a response at one point to this message but it looks like you may have taken it down. Were you able to get your question answered?

0 Kudos
DavidSchram
New Contributor

Sorry, when I shared my map before there was something wrong with the buffers so I re-did them, just getting back to it now.  Anyways, here is the map

http://pyramid.maps.arcgis.com/apps/Viewer/index.html?appid=2cff5a3a7de84ee59e90cacf0957f5ce

Thanks for the help!

0 Kudos
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Thanks for sharing the map. I can click on the parcel and get it to pop up the data. Though, like you said, the buffer is on top of it. Clicking the next arrow will show me the parcel data. This might be a little training thing you might have to do with the people presenting this map (showing them the arrow).

According to this thread, there is no way to change the order in which the popups come, unfortunately:

How can I change the order of popups on an ArcGIS Online Map

0 Kudos
DavidSchram
New Contributor

Thanks for your response.  I thought that layering parcels above the buffer may fix the click-ability issues, but I guess that's just how it is.  I'll be sure fully brief my boss how to use the map on his platform before the meeting so there's no hiccups.  Thanks again!

0 Kudos
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

I wish it was as simple as opening popups in the way they are layered. Though, it will be a good idea to train your boss how to use these types of maps and get familiar using the 'next' arrow. I have a a feeling that this won't be the last map that you will use to present!