ArcGIS Online Image Attachments

08-01-2018 05:55 AM
JeremyJones1
New Contributor II

Hi All,

I had created a survey in Survey 123 that data was collected in with attachments.  The survey needed to have changes so I exported the data to a file geo-database which contains the pictures.  Its also running as a hosted feature layer with the attachments.  I would like to append this data to the new survey feature layer which has more data taken in it.  the issue is that the append works however the image attachments do not come over.  Does anyone have a solution to this or know why this would happen?  Thank You!

Jeremy

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
CarmelConnolly
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Jeremy, 

Where did you run the Append tool and what version was it? 

Since 10.5, ArcGIS Desktop has a Maintain Attachments option that carries the attachments over:Append—Help | ArcGIS Desktop 

If you're on a previous version, there's this workflow: How To: Retain all attachments when combining feature classes containing attachments using the Appen...  which you could use with the ArcGIS Online feature service by making it a local copy for editing: Making a local copy of a feature service for editing—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop 

I have got this to work successfully before, but I'd recommend trying it with a dummy feature service first

Carmel

0 Kudos
JeremyJones1
New Contributor II

Carmel,

I did the update/append inside ArcGIS Online using the update tool.  Both feature services are running on my organization account and one is being used as part of Survey 123 currently.  I'll look into the links you sent, but I'm afraid to do much with the data right now since its being used.

Jeremy 

0 Kudos
CarmelConnolly
Esri Regular Contributor

Oh I forgot that option exists! I can't see anything in the help that mentions attachments, potentially it's not included yet as the functionality itself is relatively new.

Are they a large number of attachments? Is adding them individually out of the question?

Carmel

KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Currently the append tool with ArcGIS Online does not include attachments in a file geodatabase being appended. If you are looking to append attachments, I suggest editing/using a tool with a local copy to add the attachments for now. 

-Kelly