ArcGis Online - how to move a feature

Jump to solution
01-14-2016 10:57 AM
MelissaMitchell
New Contributor III

I'm not sure how to move a feature while editing. I can add and delete but can't move the point. I've looked at the properties and full editing has been enabled. I can't figure out how to move the feature to another location.

thank you!

49 Replies
RichardSyme1
New Contributor II

Hi all, I am also having trouble updating features through Web App Builder. M is set to false, capabilities are Layer: 

Create,Delete,Query,Update,Uploads,Editing
Can add features, delete features and update attributes but can not update geometry (move features or reshape)
Running ArcGIS Portal 10.3. Not sure of Web App Builder version.
Any assistance appreciated.
0 Kudos
DakeHenderson
New Contributor III

Hi All,  My situation is exactly like Richard Syme's, except that I'm working with a hosted feature service.  It's a pain to have to delete a feature and recreate it in the proper position!  Anyone with new discoveries?

0 Kudos
KennethBusby
Occasional Contributor

I found that if a polygon feature is over the point feature that I can not edit the geometry of the lower layer. check the layer list and turn off layers above it and see if you can edit it then. 

0 Kudos
SteveWorkman
New Contributor II

I'm also having a similar issue.  The layer whose features I'm trying to move has HasM: false.   The strange thing is that I can move some features in the layer but not other features.  Also, some features will display the little hand when you hover over them indicating that they can be moved (and they can), while other features require that you first display the pop-up then the little white hand appears (and can then move them), while other features can't be moved at all...

0 Kudos
MTorres
Occasional Contributor

ESRI isn't planning to support moving m-aware points any time soon. GO HERE to vote the idea up and get ESRI's attention Move m-aware points inside a web application 

Move m-aware points inside a web application - (https:)//community.esri.com/ideas/15741-move-m-aware-points-inside-a-web-application

MTorres
Occasional Contributor

bump

0 Kudos
DakeHenderson
New Contributor III

Bump? 

We are not trying to move M-aware points, we are trying to move points where HasM: false.

Thanks

MTorres
Occasional Contributor

Not everyone on this thread, my friend.

0 Kudos
KennethBusby
Occasional Contributor

check layer list and turn off layers above the layer you are trying to edit. I found that I couldnt edit a point features geometry that was bellow a Parcel polygon feature on the layer list unless the parcel was either moved below the point layer or turned off. 

MTorres
Occasional Contributor

REMINDER 

ESRI isn't planning to support moving m-aware points any time soon. GO HERE to vote the idea up and get ESRI's attention 

Move m-aware points inside a web application 

Move m-aware points inside a web application - (https:)//community.esri.com/ideas/15741-move-m-aware-points-inside-a-web-application

0 Kudos