ArcGIS Online--How to Change URL to a document

Jump to solution
09-17-2014 06:46 PM
BrianKaplan
Occasional Contributor

There must surely be a way to change the URL to a ArcGIS Online Content item that is a Document Link.       If you go to My Content, I have several items that are of Type-- Document Link.   We changed the virtual location of some of these and I can not find a way to change the URL.  My only solution is to remove the item and add back with the new URL which includes redoing the summary, tags and the icon.   When I go to edit the content item, I see the ArcGIS Web API Rest Connection URL but I don't see anyway to change it.

Please let me know if you do know how to change it?

Thanks

Brian

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi Brian,

To edit the URL, find the document item in your content. Select the option, View Item Details from the drop down by the arrows beside the title. After opening the item details page, select the Edit Option. Then scroll to the bottom of the page and update the URL in the URL text area.

-Kelly

View solution in original post

2 Replies
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi Brian,

To edit the URL, find the document item in your content. Select the option, View Item Details from the drop down by the arrows beside the title. After opening the item details page, select the Edit Option. Then scroll to the bottom of the page and update the URL in the URL text area.

-Kelly

BrianKaplan
Occasional Contributor

Thanks.  I having a double take.  I think it wasn't available with earlier versions.  I'm glad it is there now.  Thanks for the rply.

0 Kudos