Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcGIS Online - Add New Point through X/Y Coordinates

Jump to solution
01-21-2015 02:45 PM
BenGrod
Regular Contributor

When editing a point feature layer hosted on ArcGIS Online can you enter specific Latitude (Y), Longitude (X) coordinates to create the point in a specific location?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Reynaldde_Castro
Occasional Contributor

I don't think you can do that since the point location is part of the shape/geometry field and not the lat/long fields.  You can enter the lat/long coordinates in the search box and zoom close to that location.  You can then edit by clicking at the location of those coordinates. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Reynaldde_Castro
Occasional Contributor

I don't think you can do that since the point location is part of the shape/geometry field and not the lat/long fields.  You can enter the lat/long coordinates in the search box and zoom close to that location.  You can then edit by clicking at the location of those coordinates. 

0 Kudos
BenGrod
Regular Contributor

Thanks Reynald, your suggestion has been my current workflow but I was hoping another option was out there. I think I may have to enlist a developer to code a custom widget but we shall see, I'm still holding out hope. Thanks again for your reply.

0 Kudos
Reynaldde_Castro
Occasional Contributor

You could just keep the information as a CSV and add the CSV file when you have an update. You could keep everything local and update your local data.  You could update a hosted feature layer with your CSV file.  This process can be automated.  This might be more convenient when dealing with lots of records to update.

BenGrod
Regular Contributor

Thanks Reynald, I appreciate the suggestion, I will certainly consider that workflow.

0 Kudos