arcgis earth

05-07-2021 02:11 PM
pwilliams770
New Contributor

We are continuing to have an issue with a user when logging into arcGIS earth desktop. The program opens fine, but when the user logs in, the lower left of the screen will show "waiting for arcgis.com/sharing/rest......"(I have truncated the URL)

During this time, the buttons at the top left are grayed out and the program is unusable. This can last for 30-40 minutes before the program is usable.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app, reset the app, created a new esri user account for the user, created a new Windows user profile for the user, and the issue persists.  The issue does not occur when logging into different arcgis accounts in our organization on the same machine.  

Version is 1.12.0.3088

I opened a case a few weeks ago per our rep's recommendation, but was unable to really get much help beyond suggesting basic troubleshooting that has not resolved the issue.

Does anyone have any ideas?  Is there a way to escalate support cases to a tier 2 or 3 level that could get us someone more knowledgeable?  

0 Kudos
3 Replies
LexieLi
Esri Contributor

Hi @pwilliams770 ,

Thanks for using ArcGIS Earth and bringing us the feedback.

Could you please provide us with the support case number for further investigating this issue?

Feel free to leave your email, and we are glad to provide further support.

Thanks,

Lexie

0 Kudos
YongweiKang
Esri Contributor

Hi @pwilliams770 ,

Can you provide more information:

1. Are there any layers in TOC?
  2. Did you set a proxy in ArcGIS Earth settings? Or you used a system proxy?
  3. What is the difference between the account with this issue and other accounts in your organization? They are using different basemap galleries, elevation layers, or geocodes?
  4. Does the previous version ArcGIS Earth (1.11 or 1.10) have this issue?

Thanks,

Yongwei

0 Kudos
YongweiKang
Esri Contributor

Alternatively, you can check the latest logs in the below folder to see if there are any connection problems, or where the application is blocked. Also, you can provide the log file to us if convenient, we will investigate it.
C:\Users\[YOUR_USER_NAME]\AppData\Roaming\ESRI\ArcGISEarth\logs

0 Kudos