Arcade Icon

06-11-2021 09:25 AM
Labels (1)
RuralStrong
New Contributor

Hello Community -

I am new to Arcade and not a developer and I am working with the List element in the ARCGIS Operations Dashboard. I have a dataset that includes hospital types that I would like to have an icon in front of the hospital name in my list. For example, for Type A, I would like a red star, for Type B, I would like a green triangle, etc ; then the Hospital name. I have other fields I would like to display such as volumes.

Any suggestions on how to accomplish this are much appreciated.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
DanteLee
Occasional Contributor II

Assuming you have a map element in your dashboard and your list is referencing a layer in the map element, the easiest way is to configure the layer in your web map to have the symbology you want to see in the list.

Then under your list's configuration options, go to the List section > Line item icon > Symbol. This is also the same area where you can configure what details appear in your list. https://doc.arcgis.com/en/dashboards/get-started/list.htm

DanteLee_0-1623438204114.png

0 Kudos
RuralStrong
New Contributor

I don't have a map element on the dashboard. It's just a table. Any other thoughts are appreciated.

0 Kudos
DanteLee

You can use advanced formatting, which requires some coding. See this post: https://www.esri.com/arcgis-blog/products/ops-dashboard/real-time/pushing-the-limits-of-arcade-in-da...

If you're not comfortable with the coding, then a workaround is to add a map but stack it underneath something else so that you can reference the map layer in the list, but not make the map so visible

RuralStrong
New Contributor

I have reviewed the blog post...is there anything simpler you can point me to? As a novice, I don't think I'm ready to "push the limits". I understand the map reference, however, I have 70 unique dashboards to roll out and I'm trying to minimize the number of steps. 

Thanks!

0 Kudos
DanteLee

The map is your easiest, most straightforward approach.

The other option is to configure the symbology on the feature layer (under Item Details > Visualization > Change Style). This sets the default symbology if you were to add this layer to any web map and can be leveraged in your List element as well. However if you change the feature layer's symbology in the future, the symbology on your dashboard would also change.

Alternatively, you can create a layer view and do the same thing. The benefit of doing a layer view is you don't have to add a map element to your dashboard, but then you have a layer view to manage.

0 Kudos
RuralStrong
New Contributor

Thank you...I will give this a try

0 Kudos