Arc GIS Online performance

05-31-2023 08:04 AM
Labels (1)
DionysiosKerasidis1
New Contributor II

Hi 

I was wondering if someone could give me hand. I had many organisational AGOLs managed in the past as well as enterprise and the performance was always good and fast. As member of a new organisation at the minute we have a new AGOL account but it heavily lags. From navigating within my AGOL tabs to load a map and run a tool. Everything is just so slow with my organisation computer. Same issue have all users when using organisational laptops, regardless the power of the machines. When i use external laptop to access my organisation AGOL its all how it should really be.

i am trying to read documents from ESRI but as i am not a network IT professional, could someone with similar issues suggest something specific?

Thanks in advance. 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
George_Thompson
Esri Frequent Contributor

It sounds like there is some sort of scanning software / throttling happening on your work machines. This could be due to network speeds, AntiVirus and other scanning software packages, HTTPS decryption of packets, etc. I have seen lots of variables over the years impact performance.

I would recommend reaching out to your IT team to see if they have any of these inplace.

When testing the external laptop, is that on the same network as the work ones?

--- George T.
DionysiosKerasidis1
New Contributor II

it is yes George, same network.

i have tested it from various locations, used VPN and other tests but the results are all the same.

0 Kudos
George_Thompson
Esri Frequent Contributor

That makes it seem like something on the machine is slowing down the responses to the browser.

Again, they could have networking rules configured that scan the work machines traffic which would cause some latency (slowdown).

I would work with your IT dept. to have them investigate this, since it only happens with organizational machines.

--- George T.
0 Kudos
phaelipticus
New Contributor II

I have the same issue using my laptop from work. The API and network services load are slow and some times get a error and I have to reload the page. I´m sure that the network traffic is a problem, maybe caused by the company´s security directives or infraestructure.

0 Kudos