API Call Quota Exceeded (10007) Maximum allowed (10000) per minute. Retry in 60 sec.

03-03-2021 08:06 PM
ThorstenHohenstrater
New Contributor III

Hi,

We just recently experienced an issue with our ArcGIS online portal give us an "API Call Quota Exceeded (10007) Maximum allowed (10000) per minute. Retry in 60 sec. error".

This really slowed down our whole portal to the extent it was unusable, from both an Admin and mapping perspective.

Q1: What can cause this error?

Q2: Is there a way to monitor the API calls thruput?

Currently, there is little information about this particular error and we would like to know more

Thank you in advance

Thorsten

Thorsten Hohenstrater
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
21 Replies
HenryLindemann
Esri Contributor

Hi @ThorstenHohenstrater, so what I think is there is some script that is querying your ArcGIS Online portal with more than the 10 000 queries/calls per minute and then you trigger the restriction since you are in essence flooding the API with calls.

Your IT might be able to give you a report on traffic usage.

Hope it helps

Henry 

0 Kudos
ThorstenHohenstrater
New Contributor III

Hi @HenryLindemann ,

Thank you for your comments relating to my issue. There are no scripts running in the background, but the map was placed in the public space and we did get a large user hit rate. Looking at the network traffic, there are a large number of REST calls being made (20 odd)  and if we had 500 users at the same time, that number is easy to reach.  At the moment we have changed the web page logic but I would like to better understand these limitations (API Limits) as I can not find any Esri help pages related to this error.

Thanks

Thorsten

Thorsten Hohenstrater
0 Kudos
HenryLindemann
Esri Contributor

Hi @ThorstenHohenstrater,

I had a look but could not find any articles related to your error, I think the next step would be to log a support call at your distributer.

Kind Regards

Henry

MickHuska_Jr__ALLETE_
New Contributor III

This happened to us last night on an important public facing map. Pretty frustrating.

0 Kudos
ThorstenHohenstrater
New Contributor III

Are your layers Shared as „public“ or thru a token?

Thorsten Hohenstrater
0 Kudos
MickHuska_Jr__ALLETE_
New Contributor III
Public

0 Kudos
ThorstenHohenstrater
New Contributor III

we have raised this with our local distributor, and waiting for a response. Maybe someone from Esri inc staff may shed more light on this matter. If I find out more I will share it on this forum.

Thorsten Hohenstrater
0 Kudos
MickHuska_Jr__ALLETE_
New Contributor III

Thank you for the help, I am submitting a premium support ticket as well

0 Kudos
Jay_Gregory
Occasional Contributor III

Any resolution on this - I am getting this error from an endpoint I'm querying only a couple times an hour.  Unclear who else in the agency might be querying the same endpoint though.  What confused me is the number in parentheses.  It doesn't seem to increment by one every subsequent request.  It just seems to fluctuate randomly between 4800s and low 5000s. 

0 Kudos