Anyone using DeLorme inReach devices for field crew tracking without the using the GeoEvent Processor?

Jump to solution
10-08-2015 10:07 PM
AdamInglis
Occasional Contributor II

Anyone using DeLorme inReach devices for field crew tracking without the using the GeoEvent Processor?  I would expect this is possible given you can enable tracking with the Collector app for near real time location when crews are in a connected environment.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ross_PaulMartin
Occasional Contributor

Adam,

I had a very similar question and the vendor gave me the impression that the API could be leveraged to be used as a message bus with the geo event server as the listener. This is a different approach that the Verizon push API for their network fleet tracking tools, but it should work. A response from InReach might help here. Here is their API blog:

inReach Web API - DeLorme Community Forums

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Ross_PaulMartin
Occasional Contributor

Adam,

I had a very similar question and the vendor gave me the impression that the API could be leveraged to be used as a message bus with the geo event server as the listener. This is a different approach that the Verizon push API for their network fleet tracking tools, but it should work. A response from InReach might help here. Here is their API blog:

inReach Web API - DeLorme Community Forums

0 Kudos
Ross_PaulMartin
Occasional Contributor

Specifically the API does have KML functions  and those can be adapted into a tracking service.

0 Kudos
AdamInglis

Thanks for for the feedback, I found the KML Feed support doc, hopefully I can just added the URL to the webmap and that will be that......although I doubt it will work out that well.

Cheers,

Adam

0 Kudos
AdamInglis

The KML feeds has enough functionality to indicate last position of the crews.  Good enough for our purposes now, thanks for the help.

Cheers,

Adam

0 Kudos