Analysis using location in arcgis online

Jump to solution
09-26-2021 07:52 PM
MuhsinaSabeel
New Contributor II

I needs to locale all vacant buildings within 10 miles of a university. I have been provided with two feature layers in ArcGIS Online; one feature layer shows all building
footprints, 3nd one feature layer shows all universities. The building footprints layer contains a field
that Identifies the current occupancy.
Which analysis tool in ArcGIS Online used to select building footprints that meet the attribute and spatial queries?

Is it Find Existing Locations???

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
AmandaRing
Esri Contributor

@MuhsinaSabeel yes, Find Existing Locations would be the tool to use in ArcGIS Online/ArcGIS Enterprise.
It allows you to incorporate both spatial and attribute queries in one analysis job.

Amanda
Product Engineer - Web Analysis

View solution in original post

MuhsinaSabeel
New Contributor II
0 Kudos
8 Replies
IhabHassan
Esri Contributor

Hi @MuhsinaSabeel 
Do you have access to ArcGIS Pro or ArcMap?

Regards
Ihab
0 Kudos
MuhsinaSabeel
New Contributor II

Both 

0 Kudos
IhabHassan
Esri Contributor

Hi @MuhsinaSabeel 
I would suggest to use Pro or ArcMap, and tools like "Select By Attribute" and "Select Layer By Location" can definitely help in what you are after.
First you need to select buildings that vacant using "Select By Attribute", export them to new layer. Use the  exported layer in the second step which is using "Select Layer By Location" with relationship "Within a distance" to find empty buildings within the required distance for your analysis.
https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/tool-reference/data-management/select-layer-by-location.htm
https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/2.8/tool-reference/data-management/select-layer-by-attribute.htm

Regards
Ihab
0 Kudos
MuhsinaSabeel
New Contributor II

Thank you Ihab.it was a question I found while am preparing for certification exam and its options were related to aegis online analysis only 

IhabHassan
Esri Contributor

I see, best of luck for your exam 

Regards
Ihab
0 Kudos
MuhsinaSabeel
New Contributor II

Thank you 😊

0 Kudos
AmandaRing
Esri Contributor

@MuhsinaSabeel yes, Find Existing Locations would be the tool to use in ArcGIS Online/ArcGIS Enterprise.
It allows you to incorporate both spatial and attribute queries in one analysis job.

Amanda
Product Engineer - Web Analysis
MuhsinaSabeel
New Contributor II

Thank you amanda

0 Kudos