Allow user to only view items shared with their Group

Jump to solution
02-13-2018 10:13 AM
Lake_Worth_BeachAdmin
Occasional Contributor III

I want to accomplish the following:

- create a group in AGOL

- add a new user to this group (only member of this new group)

- only allow this user to view (or edit depending on data I share) to items that are shared with the group

- do not allow this user to view/edit any other items ion the Organization  (excluding public view able data)

the issue I am having: once I add this new user to my organization, I add them to the new group and share items with the group respectively. HOWEVER, the new user will also be allowed to view other items in the Organization (even if the items are not publicly view able).

How can I set properties/create group to only allow a user to view items that are shared with that group

11 Replies
JacobMcCoy1
New Contributor II

I hope the development team can add an option for a group member to only be able to view/edit content shared to their group. Thank you.

BrianDudek1
New Contributor III

Yes this would be a nice option to have as well.  Group viewers can still view the public Portal organizational items rather than just the items shared to their group.  

For the editing, I think you can enable edit capabilities on the custom role, but then only enable editing on the feature layers shared to the specific group. They shouldn't be able to go in and start editing other layers not shared to the group...I think.

0 Kudos