Allow Pie Charts in ArcGIS Online Pop-ups for Qualitative Data

06-09-2023 07:17 AM
RaushanBhuiyan1
New Contributor

Hi there,

I'm wondering if anyone in the Esri community can offer advice or suggestions for a task I'm stuck on. I have a spatial dataset with text information in it, i.e., project funding type, provider of the project, the technology type used in the project. This data reflects infrastructure projects so that is why there are text and string variables. 

Creating the map for this data is straightforward, but when I try to generate a media pop-up for this data on ArcGIS Online, the text fields don't appear as fields I can select to create a pie, bar or even line chart. This issue doesn't apply to spatial data that has quantitative variables, just qualitative variables. For example, I'm trying to generate a pie chart that shows the proportion (%) of projects that use X or Y technology type. 

Does anyone in the community have any workarounds they could suggest? 

In the interim, I've found a way to upload the data as a hosted feature table (without the spatial component) and I am able to create some global pop-ups, but of course, I cannot filter these charts spatially like I could be able to filter the map. 

Appreciate any advice, suggestions. 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
David_McRitchie
Esri Contributor

I would recommend checking out Dashboards as this allows pie charts which can be dynamically updated based on triggers such as spatial view.

Esri UK -Technical Support Analyst
0 Kudos