AGOL Web App generates, "no results..." error when clicking results

11-29-2017 10:21 AM
ashleyhanes
New Contributor II

I added a Search Widget in an AGOL Web Map App. The data source is a feature layer (points) contained in a map service in the associated Web Map.  I am searching on a text field containing the names of individuals located in a cemetery (e.g. Zeublon Vance).  When I enter the name and select a name from the dropdown list AGOL returns an error message "No Results Found...".  However, when I hit enter, it zooms to the first result from the dropdown. 

I found a couple of threads on the topic but haven't found where where the problem has been solved. Is this still a known issue? Any help will be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you, 
Ashley Levitan, GIS Technician

6 Replies
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Ashley,

> I added a Search Widget in an AGOL Web Map App.

Can you please be more specific? Are you referring to the ArcGIS Online Map Viewer? A configurable application template? or Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS? Perhaps you could provide a screen capture?

0 Kudos
ashleyhanes
New Contributor II

Hi Derek, 

I have created the Map and then used that to make a Web App through Web AppBuilder, I am using the LaunchPad theme. When I type the name in the search bar, a list of results show up and if I hit, "Enter" it works properly. However, if I actually click on the name within the list of results, I receive this error.

DerekLaw

Hi Ashley,

I'm not aware of any issues with the Search functionality in the Launchpad theme. Can you please contact Esri Tech Support and open an issue so we can get repro steps to investigate further?

Thanks

0 Kudos
ashleyhanes
New Contributor II

Thanks. I actually don't have access to Esri Tech Support through my organization. However, I'm assuming someone within my organization does.

ashleyhanes
New Contributor II

dlaw-esristaff‌ I seem to have fixed my issue but I'm not sure why it worked. So I was using a Feature Service as my searchable layer. I re-added the layer as a Map Service and now you can actually click on the suggested name. Why could I not do that using the Feature Service? 

Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
DerekLaw

Hi Ashley,

I'm not sure as to the cause of your issue. Can you please contact Esri Tech Support so they can investigate investigate further?

0 Kudos