Select to view content in your preferred language

AGOL toggle on "Enable Attachments" in hosted feature layer polygon layer results in error message

03-06-2024 08:29 AM
KimT
by
New Contributor

I'm working with a hosted feature layer polygon layer in ArcGIS Online.  When I try to toggle "Enable Attachments" to ON I get this error message:

KimT_0-1709741927847.png

I have other similar layers that have no problem toggling "Enabling Attachments" on or off. I cannot figure out what is different about this layer.  I'm checking all of my settings and they appear to be the same as other layers that allow me enable attachments.  Any ideas why this layer won't allow me enable attachments?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ShaneONeill_144
Esri Contributor

Hi Kim,

I'm sorry to hear that you are facing this issue!

I've tested with a few layers of my own and I haven't been able to recreate the issue, just to confirm, is this the only layer that you are having this issue with?

Are you able to republish the layer to AGOL to see if the issue still occurs in the newly published layer?

Can you share the layer with me via an AGOL group so I can take a look at it? My username is soneill@esriuk.com_TechsupportUK

0 Kudos
KimT
by
New Contributor

This is the only layer I'm having trouble with.  All of my other similar layers are allowing me to enable attachments.  I tried republishing the layer and I still have the same issue with the newly published layer.  I will share the layer with you.

The only thing I can think of that makes this layer different from my other similar layers is the layer I'm having issues with was created by making an independent copy of an existing layer that became a feature layer and was then published as this hosted feature layer. So this hosted feature layer is still dependent on that independent copy/feature layer.  Would that cause this problem?

0 Kudos