AGOL Map label not showing in display

03-21-2021 04:14 PM
NaomiBegg
Occasional Contributor

I have a layer with a simple label showing.  I would expect the label to place itself somewhere within the display as long as it is within the visible range as shown in the below settings.

I'm finding that when the map is at a scale of less than 1:2000 (black arrow location below) the label does not show within the map display.

NaomiBegg_0-1616363922151.png

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @NaomiBegg , 

have you changed the visibility range to left?

KeirenMarshall_0-1616368771441.png

Or perhaps the size of the label?

0 Kudos
NaomiBegg
Occasional Contributor

Sorry did I get my scale language the wrong way around 😳 I meant the closer you get to a place, so towards the room scale rather than metropolitan area. 

You'll see that I have the the visibility range set all the way to the closest point you can get.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

@NaomiBegg , can you share a picture of your labels on the map?

how did you add the labels onto the map? 

This may be the reason: the Map Viewer will place as many labels on the map as possible without overlapping them. Thus, in areas where features are tightly clustered, some features may not get labeled.

0 Kudos
NaomiBegg
Occasional Contributor

This is my app.  You'll notice that when you scroll in, or search for an address ( such as 72 Lake Terrace), the label will only move to some degree and will no longer be within view.  I get the same results in both the web map and the web app.  The labels were purely built using the manage label layer option within the web map.

Most of our map viewers are using mobile devices, so I was hoping that the label would be a good way of getting around this other bug/issue that I have with the same map that is causing the app to not be mobile friendly. 

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I had a look at the app, there, labels seem to be stagnant labeling, there seems to be dynamic labeling for AGOL as an idea in Geonet 

Dynamic Map Services in ArcGIS Online

Until then the pop-ups and the legend you have created dose well, the user can click on the polygon and the pop-up will tell them the day they need their bins out. 

FYI, when creating or editing the web app, at the bottom left-hand side, you can see the preview of your app before you publish it. 

0 Kudos